Friday, November 6, 2015

Tech-Tac-Toe #2 ~ Voice Thread

Yes ~ another technology success!  I have created my first Voice Thread!  After very recently using iMovie to create a digital story, but quickly discovering that while iMovie would be a tool that I would use again, I probably would not have my little kinder kiddos use it themselves (or even with support).  However, I still liked the idea of the kids creating something similar to the recent digital story that I had created with their own writing.  I am also always looking for authentic audiences for my kiddos to share their writing with, but had not yet found a program that is easy to use for both my students and myself.  Voice Thread looked promising, so I tried it out.


I was amazed with the ease of the program.  If I can teach myself to use it, it really can’t be that difficult (and it wasn’t).  I started by creating a short digital story about my family and very quickly was able to think of some meaningful ways in which my students could create their own Voice Threads.


In kindergarten,we create many class books, with each child contributing their own page.  I would love to make these books digital and easily sharable with their families.  My plan would be for the children to use iPads to take photos of their individual page for the class book.  Either I could load their images into Voice Thread, or they could even do it with some support.  They could then record themselves reading their page.  Voila!  We will have our own digital storybooks!  

The boys and girls also write their own books, both informational and narrative.  Again, we could take photos of the pages in their books and I can upload into Voice Thread so each child can create his/her own digital story.  I could then have each child narrate each page of their book into their own Voice Thread ~ creating their own digital stories!  These could then also be easily shared with parents who could then comment on their children’s stories and continue to share with other family members near and far.  This looks like a great tool for us!

1 comment:

  1. Voicethread is a neat tool to have students contribute individual comments on each slide. For example, the next time you take a field trip bring an iPad and have the students take pictures. You can create a Voicethread of all the pictures and then have students comment on each slide! Another option for your students is to use the Educreations app!

    ReplyDelete