Sunday, October 4, 2015

Twitter ~ #HereICome!

Screen shot of my live Twitter chat #ECEchat.

Well, I don’t know if I can quite call myself a “techie” yet, but I have come a long way in just a short couple of weeks.  I have created my first blog as well as my own website.  I have learned about content curation and created my own Symbaloo.  I now know how to create a word cloud usingTagul, complete with motion and can embed it (another new concept for me).  Now, I have entered the Twitter world and already participated in my first live chat!

My first live chat on Twitter was #ECEchat about teaching math foundations in the early childhood classroom.  It took me a little while to figure out how to actually see the live chat in action.  Once I figured that out, I tried to jump right in, but quickly became overwhelmed by the super quick responses of the other participants (well...after I learned how to actually see their tweets).  After being an observer for a few minutes and trying to get the lay of this new land, I decided I would give it a try.  The topic was interesting and I found the live chat to be a great way to instantly connect with other educators and share ideas about something so relevant to my teaching.  While getting familiar with the live chat, I stumbled upon #KinderChat ~ I can't wait to check that out next!

After watching a video about Twitter to become a little more familiar with it and all it’s terms, one thing that stuck with me was the statement “Facebook is for connecting with people you know.  Twitter is for connecting with people you don’t know.”  While I'm still working out the "kinks" and finding the lay of the land, I do think it is a great place to connect with other professionals and share ideas about topics that I care about.

So follow me on twitter 
Watch out Twitter…#hereIcome!
Twitter image from Google.

2 comments:

  1. Happy to hear you enjoyed the Twitter chat. Have you found any other resources besides chats on Twitter that can benefit you or your students?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found a great fellow kinder teacher to follow on Twitter! I am also somehow following her blog too and she always has great ideas I can use with my little K Kiddos!

    ReplyDelete